<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Here Brooklyn, take my money. No really, I insist! 

I just did some autumn cleaning on my wallet and found two expired memberships that I purchased but never used: the Brooklyn Museum, and Celebrate Brooklyn.

I did go to Celebrate Brooklyn events in Prospect Park, like seeing Yo La Tengo's live score to Jean Painleve's beautiful, bizarre aquatic short films, but I never got there early enough to have to wait on the lines that I paid for the membership to avoid.

I purchased the Brooklyn Museum membership to skip the line at the Basquiat exhibit there last August. And I thought having the membership would encourage me to go more often, since going to museums is something I think I like and want to do more of. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

I think the only thing that's clear is that I hate waiting on line.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?